BattleField 2 LAN game question.

NemesiS_1122

Baseband Member
ok basically i have 2 new computers sitting right next to each other, hardwired to the same router, both can play steam games and go online at the same time. They both have battlefield 2, i just spent almost 100$ to get 2 copies because i needed 2 cd keys so we could play 1v1 in a LAN game, one of us creates the server and gets in it fine, but the other cant join (the server name is in red) idk why. please help me because im going crazy. why have a "create local" and "join local" thing if u cant even do it with seperate cd keys?

we CANT get on the same internet servers or dedicated servers either.

but we CAN play the demo together.

thanks in advance (before i go insane)

Check what ports on your firewall the BF2 dedicated server uses and double check them on your firewall, if they are closed, open them. Also, make sure your network is all good.

i tried opening the ports but it said it was not legal range? i just put in the ones that were in the readme file

It would make more sense if you couldn't connect with the demo or the full version game. But since you were able to get the demo to work between you and not the full version that is what makes it difficult to narrow down the problem. Describe exactly what you do to start a LAN game. Don't use your "online" account use the a separate "offline" account that you both have created. Go to multiplayer, then create local. That is how I start LAN games anyway.

im so dumb, lol, one of the computers had downloaded the new patch, and one hadnt.

thanks anyways. :)

NemesiS_1122 said:
im so dumb, lol, one of the computers had downloaded the new patch, and one hadnt.

thanks anyways. :)

hahahahahaa.
When there is some problem that seems impossible the answer can be pretty damn simple ;)

Back
Top Bottom