new notebook virusscan question?

Day5InJanuary

Baseband Member
i just had a question that has been bothering me for awhile..a couple days ago i bought a Dell XPS M140 notbook....it says that it comes with free 15 months of mcafee virus scan....i understand that after the time trial you have to pay for..thats fine..i am just confused becasue i go to college and at my school you must sign into the network from a private program my school has called sisco systems...a screen comes up you put in your user name and password and then you are logged in to the networks. but at my school they already have the same mcafee virusscan that comes free with the network at school...i have my dell dimension 4500 at my dorm room now and even when i bring my computer home on breaks my mcafee still is running and protecting....when i get my notebook and come to school and oput in the ethernet cable...what should i do about the security....the dell notebook comes pre installed with the mcafee virus scan......will this conflict with my school internet..i know some kids had trouble with there security systems conflicting with the school networks security....i dont want to mess up my notebook the first day i get it???????? what should i do? and i am sorry i posted this is the wrong section :eek:

keep the mcafee on your computer to protect it....the flash screen of mcafee you see when you sign onto the network is the mcafee on the network server letting you know that the network server is protected....of course, i could be wrong, but i think that's the correct explanation.

Back
Top Bottom