Don't Buy Pepsi In The New Can

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
Don't buy Pepsi in the new can. Pepsi has a new "patriotic" can
coming out with pictures of the Empire State Building, and the
Pledge of Allegiance on them.
However, Pepsi left out two little words on the pledge,

"Under God."
Pepsi said they didn't want to offend anyone.

In that case, we don't
want to offend anyone at the Pepsi corporate office, either!
So if we don't buy any Pepsi product, they will not be offended
when they don't receive our money that has the words

"In God We Trust" on it.

What's this supposed to mean? I don't understand what the big deal is. Quite frankly, I have to agree with them. The world is becoming a very diverse place and people are starting to differ in religious beliefs more and more. True, your point about money is right... But that's technically the government's problem, and I don't think they can change it because it would cause such an uproar. Once they ditch that phrase on one thing, it all crumbles. Any block you pull out is supporting the Jenga tower for this.

I outwardly am an atheist. I believe that science does make more sense than religion. But, I don't want to start some kind of argument. I'm just saying that I don't exactly blame Pepsi for doing that. I'll surely not stop buying their products.

Good point. I'm down- that means I have to stay away from tha Dew. Oh well, I needed a change anyway. Thanks for the heads up, I haven't seen the new can yet, and won't purchase another Pepsi product.

pctechmike said:
Good point. I'm down- that means I have to stay away from tha Dew. Oh well, I needed a change anyway. Thanks for the heads up, I haven't seen the new can yet, and won't purchase another Pepsi product.
ah another fine god-loving american citizen. thanks for loving god.

Pepsi are jumping on the politicaly correct bandwagon.
it seems to be gathering speed all over the world.
as does religious hatred. the two seem to be tied together.
the more political correctnes that is imposed on people, the more hatred people show.
a lady who lives near to me had to remove china pigs from her front window for fear of offending passers by. she had thousands of them all over her house as she was a collector! when the local neswaper asked the people who where being protected from seing the ornaments if they were offended by them, they said no. but the local council still had here move them!
woz

Now I didn't mean to say that I have a problem with religion. I completely respect people who have religious beliefs. That's fine with me! But, just in my opinion, I don't "buy it". I don't mean to sound like I'm hating religion, that's not it. I just don't support it.

man its never a bright idea to bring religion on a open board its risky with politics too. that seems a little drastic imo. if you are gonna go there our money doesn't hold value because it says in god we trust its because we believe in our government that it nothing more or less...

jamxx i have to agree with you

that is not what i mean... with the uproar ect ect

No, I didn't mean that! I'm saying, if the government were to take that out of the money, then think of the uproar from the public? And once they take that out, they have to take it out of courtrooms, the national symbol, etc... Do you see what I mean?

Wow...so people are boycotting Pepsi because they chose not to add the words "under god" in it?

Between 1924 and 1954, the Pledge of Allegiance was worded:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands; one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

In 1954, during the McCarthy era and communism scare, Congress passed a bill, which was signed into law, to add the words "under God." The current Pledge reads:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands; one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The Pledge is recited, on average, tens of millions of times a day -- largely by students in schools across America.

Senator McCarthy added in those two words simply out of the fact that he and other people were scared to Communism. If you haven't heard of the McCarthy Era, go watch the movie "Good Night and Good Luck"...it's a really good movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthy_Era

Back to the topic...
That's pretty ridiculous how people are boycotting it just because Pepsi chose to be polictically correct. It's a drink for goodness sakes...not the Bible. Patriotism has nothing to do with God. Those two words were originally added into the alliegence simply because some stupid Senator from Wisconsin thought that everyone would become Red. Yeah, like how people say that other countries violate people's natural rights and their freedom of religion...the damn US sometimes doesn't even realize they're frickin' hypocrites.

recon 16 said:
ah another fine god-loving american citizen. thanks for loving god.

Ahh, so let me get this right.
You think that we have to "love God" just to be an American citizen? It's amazing how ridiculous religion gets...just ridiculous. So just because I'm an Athiest, I can't be a true American citizen? :rolleyes: And no, you didn't directly say that, but you implied it. If you didn't mean for it to come out that way, then I have no idea what else you're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom