Doom 3

jac006 said:
Nah... right now it's F.E.A.R. for me. Play that game at night alone with 5.1 surround speakers... *shivers* HL2 was ok for me. "we don't go to ravenholm" was a little freaky... but, F.E.A.R..... oh man...
im a little bitch... (not really im a male) things scare me... that game scares the piss out of me (not litterally but yeah it is scary as hell.)

(Sorry, getting a little off-topic again, but hear me out :D)

I've heard everyone saying stuff about the Half-Life 2 demo being the best part, can someone please tell me exactly what point it is in the game?

Half-Life 2 and Far Cry are incredible, as someone stated above. They are both really great games. Half-Life 2 seems to be a little better constructed and thought out, however, Far Cry is fun, intense, and very comical at times (the mercenaries sound absolutely hysterical! :D).

Contrary to public opinion, Project: Snowblind suprised me. I loved the campaign, although it was very short. The multiplayer menu screen music is also the best piece of orchestrated music I've ever heard (no joke, I think it is so amazing). Unreal Tournament 2004 is great fun but can get to be a headache.

Quake 4 is a good game. I honestly don't see a reason why it isn't. Sure, the storyline isn't good, but it is an FPS! I mean, come on! The only time a storyline really matters is in an RPG, in my opinion. And simulation games, obviously :D. I haven't really tried the multiplayer yet, but the single player is entertaining, to say the least. Graphically, it looks good too (the ultra setting must be insane, but I can't run that worth anything, so it MUST be awesome :D:D).

Tribes: Vengeance is awesome too. It is cheap, the online is pretty sweet. The single-player is long and entertaining, and there's a worthwhile story to go with it! You guys should download the demo, or check it out at least. Pretty fun!

Doom3 was boring, the whole flashlight thing annoyed me from the start to the bitter end.
Half-Life2, now THAT was worth the money. Farcry is good too, but I wont play through that until I have a decent PC, that game deserves to have the graphics settings cranked.

Far Cry is king, really. That game is indescribably amazing! The graphics were really ahead of its time and how it ran on such a modest system well... I do believe someone here posted Far Cry running at 1280x1024 at high settings with a FX5200 with like 30 FPS! :eek: :eek:

Dude, that flashlight part always creeps me out. Here I am in a dark room. So the most logical choice is for me to pull out my flashlight right? I turn it on and @##@$%!!!! A freaking zombie is right in front of my face!!! Scared the poop out of me, almost literally!!!! Needless to say, I had to use the restroom afterwards.

I remeber the 1st time i played halo with my speakers on blasst stupid plp came out of no where

I hate it when that happens. The first Resident Evil games were like that for the Playstation. Freaked me out. Those Lickers are always coming out from somewhere.

I know now how to play without getting startled. I should use the correct term. I don't get scared because of the game, it's the sound that "startles" me. I turn the volume way down and use God Mode. Now I run around wild and let them take a bite out of me if they can. I'll nuke them suckers...haha.

Back
Top Bottom