laptop temperature

here_is_gone

In Runtime
I've got a Dell Inspiron 6000, and I wanted to see if there was any way for me to monitor the motherboard temperature without downloading any additional software. One of the fans (I think) is heat-sensitive, so I know theres some kind of thermostat built into the motherboard..how can I see what temperature it is?

I downloaded it..I can monitor temps, but I can't seem to change fan speeds. Hard drive is around 40, and 'Temp1' is around 31; those seem to be pretty good temps, right?

After about a half hour to an hour of gaming, the DIMM temp monitor climbs up past 50, and most of the other temps are low 40s/high 30s; could these temps be harmful over time?

Hmm, I don't know about the DIMM temperature... But isn't that memory? I don't know, I think it'll be fine... But, I've never heard of a temperature monitor on the memory. My laptop heats up a lot more than yours, well within the safe temperatures (HDD at about 48 Celsius, Turion 64 CPU at about 60 Celsius).

Jamxx said:
Hmm, I don't know about the DIMM temperature... But isn't that memory? I don't know, I think it'll be fine... But, I've never heard of a temperature monitor on the memory. My laptop heats up a lot more than yours, well within the safe temperatures (HDD at about 48 Celsius, Turion 64 CPU at about 60 Celsius).

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the DIMM is the RAM slot. If I put my hand under the laptop where the RAM is, it feels like the hottest part of the laptop, so it seems accurate.

At first I only had 2 temp readings, 'Temp1' and 'HD1,' but I downloaded one of the user configurations so now I've got about 5 or 6.

Back
Top Bottom