Socket AM2

Around April, May, or June. That's rumors though. May not be definite. Some techs at work say the goal is a mid to late April ship date for 12 new processors.

It is going to be a big release and socket 939 processors should drop like a rock. The new processor line should be comparable to prices just before this months drop for there new lineup. So a low end dual core for socket AM2 I would expect to be around 350 to 400.

Q-3/Q-4..
does that mean third or fourth quarter of the year?

man.. if the 939 prices drop then, I don't want to get my new PC now...
arhg, damn it, I HATE THE WAITING GAME.

this is exactly why i went ahead and built me two new machines now, because nobody knows when the new socket is going to release, and when a GOOD motherboard for that socket is going to be released. sure if you really want to save money, but time is of the essense and i hate waiting.

One thing for sure, I can't wait to see the specs when they are released. By that time, there should be a bunch of new stuff to buy including new revamped video cards, RAM, and motherboards too.

TRDCorolla said:
One thing for sure, I can't wait to see the specs when they are released. By that time, there should be a bunch of new stuff to buy including new revamped video cards, RAM, and motherboards too.

Remember when AMD switched to S939? They used the old Nforce3 chipsets with the S939 and it was a total disaster. The same will happen with AM2.

Back
Top Bottom