Laptop for college.

jmooney5115

Beta member
I am looking for a good laptop for me for college. My price range is about $750-$800. I want it to have an AMD processor. I was lookiing at the Compaq notebooks. Are they reliable as Dell? I don't need an awsome PC, but good enough to just run games. I was looking at the V500Z by Compaq.

Thanks.

Do you want to do serious gaming on it? If you just want to do simple ones that dont require alot then you could get a decent DELL. Look into DELL ones and compare specs and prices,

as for Compaq..
ive had probs with Compaq lappies before, but my fav is the V2000T series

Heres an OK DELL for your price range..
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=iXM140S1&s=dhs

you could get that and upgrade the HDD and RAM..but if its not serious serious gaming you want, that could do you. Look at sony ones as well, they're not bad, not sure if there perfect for gaming mind you.

Compaq's make pretty good laptops. I'm using one myself. Mine is also in the $800 range and does everything. IMO, Compaq are reliable because I'm experiencing it right now. Don't have a problem with my laptop yet and it's already 7-months old. I have that V2000 series laptop. Actual model is the V2310. Good stuff.

Oh right, TRD completly bullied me there, might just be me, but I was having alot of problems, might of just been mine though. Lol.

sorry i appologise i should not get on my high horse im little upset aat the moment i have just lost a cpu and mobo i wanted by about 5 second but i should not take this out on you ill change it to 5 lines

ASSEMBLER said:
sorry i appologise i should not get on my high horse im little upset aat the moment i have just lost a cpu and mobo i wanted by about 5 second but i should not take this out on you ill change it to 5 lines

Ahhh noo, ive just literally told us to stop arguin on the other thread, gawddd lol.

:)

Back
Top Bottom