Doom 3

Review said:
lol .... what about farcry, you havent mentioned that.

Hmmm Farcry, well I've only played it twice and I got borred in about 10 minutes of the first game, then decided to try it again a month later, but still got borred.

So at the moment BF2 is (for me) the best online game. Oh nearly forgot Unreal Tournament 2004 (onslaught) is still good, can't wait for UT2007 :p

BullDog(UK)

Review said:
atm not in for online games, What about single player games??

Hey, I forgot Call of Duty 2 (slap me silly ;) ), this is another good online game, but still not in the league of BF2 and UT2004.

Single player, pass.... I've not played single mode for a longtime, I just buy games and go online.

The last game I played in single player mode was Prince of persia - sands of time, which was a very good game. I was going to get the two new games in that series but never got around to it. Come to think of it, I may take a look on eBay and if they're at the right price buy them.

BullDog(UK)

BullDog(UK) said:
Hmmm Farcry, well I've only played it twice and I got borred in about 10 minutes of the first game, then decided to try it again a month later, but still got borred.

So at the moment BF2 is (for me) the best online game. Oh nearly forgot Unreal Tournament 2004 (onslaught) is still good, can't wait for UT2007 :p

BullDog(UK)

Man your crazy, Farcry was an amazing game. Definatly wasnt boring, its my second favorite FPS.

BullDog(UK) said:
F.E.A.R = crap
Hmm, I thought the demo was OK, haven't tried the full game yet.

BullDog(UK) said:
DOOM3 = crap
I thought it was OK, but it felt a little bland and dated even though it was brand new.

BullDog(UK) said:
Quake 4 = worse than crap
Absolutely - Quake 4 was TERRIBLE. And I mean TERRIBLE, it's basically a Doom 3 expansion pack except Doom 3 was better.

BullDog(UK) said:
Half Life 2 = crap (unless they make a good teamfortress mod for it)
The graphics were beautiful, but the game itself was boring, repetitive and got very irritating after a while.

BullDog(UK) said:
Battlefield 2 = very nice
Yes, but there's too many bugs and exploits though. And it's only the MP that's worth it, SP gets pretty boring.

And I agree that CS:Source is a bit pants. Everybody is so good that you think they do nothing but play it, and it's full of cheaters and 12 year old kids going "h4 h4 n00b lolz!!1!1 fagz0r!1". My friend is pretty much a hardcore gamer, and he says he honestly gets bored when playing CS:S.

To be fair, I've never tried CS 1.6. Well, I've got it from Steam, but I never actually tried it online, just ran round de_dust testing the engine out.

^^^^^

If you're saying some of the best games ever are crap you should stop complaining and become a games developer yourself.

Doom 3 is great

Half-Life 2 is great

Quake 4 is great

Never played FEAR

Lac3y said:
^^^^^

If you're saying some of the best games ever are crap you should stop complaining and become a games developer yourself.

Doom 3 is great

Half-Life 2 is great

Quake 4 is great

Never played FEAR

This is your opinion and I respect that, however the ratings (overall) disagree with you. I personally have worked for insight gaming as a games developer and can program in several different languages.

Don't get me wrong a lot of very hard work has gone into developing the above games, but as the online gaming community change their minds about the type of games they want to play (on a regular basis), it's difficult to cater for everyone tastes and the developers sometimes get it wrong.

In your case they didn't ;)

BullDog(UK)

BullDog(UK) said:
F.E.A.R = crap
DOOM3 = crap
Quake 4 = worse than crap
Half Life 2 = crap (unless they make a good teamfortress mod for it)
Battlefield 2 = very nice

FeAR is good
Doom3 is good
Quake 4 I never tried, but I won't even dare
HL2 I keep getting kicked out, so what's the point playing? Plus, with the long videos...
BF2 Can't play it...Geforce FX will get me for that

Back
Top Bottom