Linux Ubuntu Install Mistake - Help

I was starting to get really nervous about losing these important pictures and files. My wife more so(important photo's like our God-child's baptism are on this disk!).
I looked into several data recovery programs and tried several of them.........
Most of them allow you to use it in trial mode to see if you can locate the lost files. If it can find them then you have to pay for the license to recover these files. I tried several programs ranging from $20 to $99 (some found the files and some didn't). I ended up purchasing the license for a $39 program (Active Undelete)and sucessfully recovering all the files. Very nice program and a cheap price to pay to get back important files. Now I have the program just in case.....Hope I never have to use the program again!

Thanks to everyone for all you help and support.
Be careful out there........backup drives and backup files are only as good as the operator!

Glad you sorted it, I think malbuc87uk's advice would have fixed it. I had a similar problem with internal drives that I solved for free in that manner.

BadJoeBlack said:
Glad you sorted it, I think malbuc87uk's advice would have fixed it. I had a similar problem with internal drives that I solved for free in that manner.

Thanks..........
I tried Knoppix and it couldn't mount the drive.......so I was pretty much in panic mode at this point.
The money spent was cheap compared to losing all that valuable data.

Back
Top Bottom