Cannot copy disc..legally!

joxley1990

Golden Master
Ok, one of my games has 3 discs, and the disc you need for it to run is messed up, (scratched) (VERY). So I wanted to make a copy of the game.

At first I spoke to EA and explained my situation, and they said the only way to get a new unscratched disc is to buy a new one, but I dont want to.

Ok so I try to copy it and it just stops on disc three, i can copy the other 3 discs but not the third. The game is Tiger Woods PGA tour 06. I have two CD drives so I just do a direct copy, and I use ISOrecorder to do it. I tried copying it within windows, but its doing the same thing, just not copying disc three.

What can I do?

How much are EA charging? Do they expect you to buy a full new copy of the game, or one replacement disc for the set?

Is the scratched disc the one that won't copy, or is it another unscratched one?

I suppose there are dodgy methods of solving your problem but let's not go there... :D

EA are just money grabbing idiots, and the games they make are getting worse. Go out and play a round of golf for real, no risk of getting the disc scratched, and you don't have to pay EA anything :p

-I'm not sure if this is legal, I don't know why it would be, but u never know-
If u just need to run it, get a crack. U won't get a disc, but u can run the game without the disc. I don't see how this would be against the law, since u have payed for the game and u still own it.

If the game is installed on your hard drive download a crack, not a full solution but at least you can play it.

If it ain't installed then I don't know what else you can do except get out your wallet

And EA are a bunch of arseholes, they're so crappy they've sacked 5% of their workers and profits are down 31%!

The game is 60 quid!! They said I have to buy a new copy because different discs wont be compatible with my current installtion of the game..haha

The one I cant copy is the disc I need to run it..

Tried, not worked, they are really really deep scratches. Guess Ill just have to work a little more.

Well I don't tihnk its illigal to copy the disc if you own it...is it? Becuase I thought it was allowed, as to make backups of the disc.

Plus, making a ISO image to boot up from so you don't put the disc in I thought was legal as well...

I'm pretty sure it is. Maybe you were talking to a rather unknown person of the law at EA. I'm pretty sure its legal.

There mnust be some way you can do it. Er...have you tried Alcohol 120%?

Making a backup copy of a original disc if your the owner isn't illegal in the UK.

That said, why not use software like alcohol 120% to make an image of the 'game play' disc on your hard drive, once you've done that use virtual daemon manager to running the image.

The above method may not work if the disc contains securom 7 or above. Their are ways around this, but as some countries don't allow you to copy discs it wouldn't be appropiate for me to post that information on here.

BullDog(UK)

Back
Top Bottom