FireFox Gobbing up 130MB of RAM and 34% CPU

connchri

Daemon Poster
OK, I've had this problem a few times. And I'm sick of it.

I'm running the latest version of FireFox on Mac OS X (Yeah, I know, Seriously - I really know!, leave it!) and everynight I use it, I have to restart the thing. Why? Coz it starts to hog all the system resources. Don't ask me why, but I use the Activity Monitor (Like Windows Task Manager) to see whats going on, and the CPU usage for FireFox is never below 34%, nor 130MB use of RAM. This is annoying as I'm usually in the middle of a lot of tasks like eBay, CF, creating websites. It's not that, It slows everything else down too. Changing tabs takes about 10 seconds in FireFox, and typing text (such as this post) is so irritating because it laggggggss ssssooooo mmmuuccchhhh!

WTF is it?

Okay, first thing, this DOES happen with windows. I have it, and, im on it for a few hours.. so then, it just starts running slow, and its one of two things that laggs the whole system..
Gmail Noifier
Fire Fox

And its been the Gmail one once. And then FF one more then a few times.

connchri said:
Aw well. Even more reason to go back to IE once 7 is out.
Ha, IE is garbage, and IE7 might be good for a while, but it will get exploited and spyware will roam free through it, just like in IE6.
Firefox is admittingly demanding, but when it comes down to it, I only use it when I need it. if i'm in game, or just plain not using it, I look at it as a waste of resources.
unless you have like 64 megs of ram (god help you), then this should not be a problem.

firefox is way more secure, thus I will never touch IE7 if I can help it.

Don't get me wrong, though. I know firefox is not perfect, it has it's problems, but only a fool would even try to compare it's exploits to IE's.

I use IE7 Beta 2. Opera is nice. But bugs me. Something about it just isnt right. Although I downloaded a theme, and made it blue. And looks REALLY cool now :D

Back
Top Bottom