Lets get some air moving!

crxshdxmmy

Solid State Member
I have a Matrix Gaming case and I don't think it has enough air moving through it.

I've got a 3000 rpm, 80mm chameleon fan in the clear side pulling air in. 2 little Mascool 60's blowing on the hard drives and a 2400 rpm Mascool 120mm in the back pulling air out. (And the power fan.)

Is this enough? Becasue there is a significant amount of hot air flowing from the back of the case, thanks to the 120.

According to my ASUS motherboard utility... my motherboard is 29 degrees C (84 F) and it says that my CPU is currently running at 45 degrees C (113 F).

This seems too hot to me. I'm a noob (lol counterstrike)...

So ... here's my question:

I'm considering drilling some holes and self-installing some more fans. (one in the top of the case and perhaps another one on the side.) First: is this necessary? and two... how would I go about drilling the required holes?

Yeah, what kind of processor do you have? If you have a Pentium 4, that CPU temperatuer is wonderful. If you have an AMD, it's a little high. Your motherboard temperature is fine, though. Nothing to worry about.

If my laptop has lived 3 years so far running at 65C, then your comp should be just fine.

Laptops naturally run hotter than desktop computers. My Turion64 processor idles around 53 Celsius. If this was a desktop AMD processor, I'd be in serious trouble when things start heating up :D! Also, my HDD will get to around 48 Celsius in my laptop. Never goes above 31 Celsius in my desktop.

Those temperatures are fine; the only problem that you would have is the CPU (I'm assuming it is 45C at idle). You might want to use Arctic Silver 5 or get a new heatsink.

Back
Top Bottom