GPU temps....too high?

Tweak

In Runtime
ok so ive figured that maybe i should look into my computer temps to get to the bottom of my issues...i had a gpu temp monitor up while playing my game and monitored my temps...after about 40misn i was suprised that nothing had happened, but it was running at 73 degrees celcius....it eventually crashed but im thinking that the temp is a bit too high?

Nah, not for a 6600GT. My old 6600GT went up to about 98 Celsius and it never even stuttered.

I bet you've done this... But have you tried different RAM? That might be the problem. I've seen your posts here; it really is terrible that you've had this much trouble with your computer! Sorry man! :(

The GPU is possibly the problem. 73C is relatively high, I remember having my 6800GT and it used to artifact when I played Halo because it was overheating. Does the 6600GT draw from the power supply by means other than the PCI-E slot?

73 is not too high. Temps are fine, especially for nVidia hardware. I'd stick with Jamxx on this one. Look elsewhere. PSU's are a pain and as you happen not to have it in your sig, I'd say invest in a better one. Not until you have checked everything else of course.

Chris.

480W Thermaltake Silent Purepower hummm....by artifact do you mean like get all blocky? then yes it does that SOMETIMES....and its a AGP card

2 120mm in front and back then 1 80 mm on side to pull hot air out...tsunami case setup

Back
Top Bottom