Holy crap huge drop in 3DMarks!

Ð88

Fully Optimized
I just did a big upgrade on a few major drivers. I upgraded my BIOS, did a chipset driver upgrade, and installed the newest graphics drivers. Before all that I did a 3DMark05 test and got about 4000. Well since installing these upgrades I have experienced an almost 2000 3DMark drop!!!. That is stupid, I can't believe it. Any ideas as to which upgrade might be the cause of such a large drop? I'm thinking it might be the chipset drivers because I have heard other people mention a similar problem when they upgraded the chipset.

First, that just sucks! But you gotta laugh at that. But, odds are good its.. Well Im not sure. Were the video card drivers thrid party?

ive always had much lower 3dmark scores if i run it when i just started my comp, if u run 3dmark make sure ur comp has been on for a while, and remember that when u install new drivers u lose ur overclocks so make sure to put them back to what they were

I think the update did in fact take away my overclock. Previous updates never reset my clocksettings but this one is different. It seems to have removed the built in overclock feature. I used to be able to go to Nvidia settings and clock frequencies were right there but they are gone. So i think it did revert back to the stock settings. I am currently downloading the drivers I had previous to the update to see if that helps. (btw, It was the 81.98 drivers from nvidia's site that I downloaded and I am now reverting back to 81.95)

you can just DL coolbits and it will put that feature back into the nvida thing

Yeah i downloaded RivaTuner to re-enable it. I did a rerun of 3DMark05 and although I did get a score closer to the original one I had, it's still not as good. Looks like i got some tweaking to do to get it up higher.

Back
Top Bottom