XP Media Edition

Its essentially XP Pro but has advanced features for media feed back. It actually is very interesting. Currently I have an XBOX360 (I'm an MS fan boy) and I'm able to stream video, music, and pictures from my pc to my 360. I can also record live tv and store it to my HDD. If your in to all that tech stuff and want the "entertainment experience of the future" then its a good investment, or you may just want to wait till the end of the year when Win Vista is launched (suppose to contain media center).

OutstandingO said:
Its essentially XP Pro but has advanced features for media feed back. It actually is very interesting. Currently I have an XBOX360 (I'm an MS fan boy) and I'm able to stream video, music, and pictures from my pc to my 360. I can also record live tv and store it to my HDD. If your in to all that tech stuff and want the "entertainment experience of the future" then its a good investment, or you may just want to wait till the end of the year when Win Vista is launched (suppose to contain media center).

Yeah i was thinking about just waiting for Vista, but most likely its going to be too big of a drain for my wallet, so i might just pick up a copy of Media Center, im taking Video Editing classes right now in school so im sure it will be able to help with that.

You need quite a few more things than just the OS to make any use of Media Center 2005..............

It's like buying the engine of a car with no body, no tires, etc. :p

I've had Media Center 2005 on a packaged HP PC for about 6 months and really like it...............especially when it's piped to my 43" DLP WS TV!

Back
Top Bottom