conflicts between two anti-virus programs?

here_is_gone

In Runtime
Adelphia offers something called Adelphia FreedomTM Internet Security Services; it's an anti-virus/anti-spyware/firewall program, but it says that before installing it, I should uninstall any other anti-virus programs because they might conflict. I didn't think that was the case, and I'm definately not uninstalling Norton Internet Security, but I wanted to check if two anti-virus programs would actually conflict.

Also, has anybody heard of a virus called Blackworm? Adelphia emailed my dad about it, and said that it would be released around January 16..it's Febuary 3rd today so I don't know why they're telling us now, but is this a widespread virus?

I dont think two antivirus can..never heard of it, what can happen is any virus's kept in vaults in say AVG, can be found in say norton, so norton would say AVG is a virus

firewalls and anti virus can conflict though - defo

You will have problems if you have two antivirus programs installed. I'm not sure about the software suite Adelphia is offering, never have seen it, and probably never will, due to not being in that region of the country. Stick with one antivirus program- Norton is enough.

pctechmike said:
You will have problems if you have two antivirus programs installed. I'm not sure about the software suite Adelphia is offering, never have seen it, and probably never will, due to not being in that region of the country. Stick with one antivirus program- Norton is enough.

Alright thanks. I figured that Norton would be a hell of a lot better than something free that Adelphia offers, so I wasn't about to uninstall Norton.

2 anti-virus programs can work together fine. Just those commercial ones like norton and f-secure require u to uninstall other AVs before u can install them.

But then 2 free ones (AVG and AntiVir) never ever complained anything about eachother and both are working fine.

Back
Top Bottom