Just feel like braggin

I have a Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000. It's pretty good. I like the motion sensor it has. Everywhere I turn, the camera follows me. It acts like a digital camera too and I believe it has built in microphone. Pretty neat, but I don't use it that much anymore. It's collecting dust now. I may end up selling it to a friend of mine if he's interested.

I need a microphone soon...my Day of Defeat Source clan requires Ventrilo if clan members want to participate in a scrimmage.

setishock said:
All you need to make the cam work is the usb drivers located on the install cd. Right click on the cd icon and select explore. Find the folder that has the usb drivers and load them. Don't load the other garbage on the cd. It's just junk.
When you get on to yahoo or msn the chat software will control the cam.

I ordered a webcam, and I was interested in maybe just installing the usb drivers off of the cd like you suggested. Questions:

1. You said to "load them". How do I do that? Is that the same as install them?

2. How do I know which folder has the drivers,,,does it say drivers or something?

3. Where would I install the drivers to?

4. Doesn't windows xp already have the driver's in it for the webcam?

By the way....here's the one I ordered http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16830108128

1> Interchangeable words meaning the same thing. Install
2> Drivers or USB. Look for the correct ones to go with your operating system.
3> It has an installer program most likely called setup in the correct drivers folder.
4> If it has them they are minimal at best and out of date, badly. Don't get the M$ drivers for your cam. Just trust me on that.

I checked the link. Nice little cam. But like any of the web cams don't exspect too good of a pic at low light levels. To compensate the drivers slow down the frame rate. The lower the light the slower it goes. You might want to have a small light in front of you at about head height but not in the picture.
Have fun with all your cams ladies and gents. I'm headed for the rack.

Paradox said:
mine is the logitech quickcam IM, is that what you have? cuz my quality sucked too, just ajust the focus (by turning the circle on the front) and it should get better

(some people dont know that you can adjust that on a webcam)

i know the circle thing but that just makes it less blurry.
hmmm wierd in the quick cam software for the webcam iit says quickcam messenger.

I have a VP-EYE webcam and the dial is right on the front to adjust as well. I am getting one of those headsets with the mic pretty soon so that should be pretty sweet.

Back
Top Bottom