Gateway FX400XL WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

Uh... That's not good. I tell you what. Click on the start menu and hit "Run". Then, type in dxdiag and click the display tab once it loads up (it doesn't matter about hte WQHL signatures or whatever, just hit no) and see what it says in the top-left. If it says 6600, then that's definitely not good. If it says 7800, then you might want to update your drivers from Nvidia's website. I hope that you got what you wanted, though! It would really be stupid if you didn't!

Holy crap! I'm never buying a PC from Gateway. Look at how they treat people, and their computers. They can't even get the right video card in there!

Well, if I was you I would complain, and complain hard! I suggest you get your money back, and build your own PC. It's not to difficult, and you'll knwo what you're getting. Either that, or have them, once again, ship you a new tower. BUt in all honesty, this is ridiculous. Gateway needs to get help form somewhere.

Infact, why not buy Dell? Get the nex XPS system that is out. :D

1337DuD3 you pretty much said how i feel.if you read post # nine you will see the trouble i`m having on the return.

does anyone know how i can find out if there is a tv tuner in this. i`ve been looking through the computer but don`t know where it would be located

it turns out that gateway sent me the 400x instead of the xl.they will be sending out a new computer tomorrow (#3).

Oh, that is such a relief! I'm so glad that you're finally getting this straightened up... well, sort of, anyway. Just look on the back of your PC in one of the slots to see if you have a TV Tuner card, it should have something like a coaxial input, compositve input, S-Video input, etc. It should be under the video card. However, if you're getting a new PC, you're getting a 7800 right? If so, then it will have VIVO on it. However, I cannot get it to work!

hey everyone
i finally got my replacement last night. i`m using sandra lite to check the components and i ran across this

Under mainboard information,cooling devices,i have a caution flag, chassis fan speed 710rpm, also power/aux fan speed 887rpm. under tips i am told that one of the system fans has failed or is spinning to slowly.Warning W2519 - One of the mainboard fans has failed or is spinning too slowly. This should appear only if the mainboard has a temperature-monitoring sensor installed and the fans have tachometers. If the fan is speed controlled, this may be normal.

Fix: If the fan is not speed controller, power down the system immediately. Open the case and check that all the fans are working and check whether components are unusually hot inside. Make sure the components have good all-round ventilation.

i tried looking into it again tonight

i let this run a few (20) minutes to check for different fan speeds

chassis 668rpm on start up
aux 873rpm on start up

chassis 815 10 min.
aux 1018 10 min.

chassis 900 20 min.
aux1098 20 min

then i got another warning

mainboard is too high
51.0 c/123.8f

at that point i shut it down again. i`m on my other computer and looking for answers. any thoughts??? thanks do you think because of the different speeds on the fans that they are speed controlled?

Gateway is a good budget computer they uselly give you lots of room to upgrade in the future however their warrenty and qualty sucks

just to give an update:

Well my computer blew up on the 17th, and here it is the 28th and gateway is still giving me the run around. I just checked the better business bureau for gateway and they show "0" complaints for the last 3 years, I had to laugh, that has to be the best joke out there.
»www.sandiego.bbb.org/commonrepor···14002050

They were suppose to send me a labeled box to return it to them to fix...so i waited and finally called yesterday.I had to talk to 6 people before i finally got to mark #pv376.he said he was going to call me between 8-10 this morning with the details for a box to be sent. no call from mark #pv376. So after work today i called and talked to a girl Marla who puts me on hold and then Robert #ks328 her suprivisor gets on the phone and tells me that he has been there for 2 years and that they have stopped sending out prepaid labels ever since he has been there. i said really, that's funny, i have 2 fed ex labels issued from gateway for the return of my last 2 gateway computers. My system fx 400xl is only 5 months old and this will be the 3rd time i`m sending the computer to them.each time they sent me a new one. and i also had a tech come out to change the first computers operating system.So Robert #ks328 tells me he will reimburse me for the shipping if I send him the receipt. He gives me fax #801 907 3860. I have tried that # for over an hour and it won`t go through.So of course i called back and asked for Robert,they said he was there but couldn`t talk because he was off the clock. I asked is this a joke of a # and the girl kinda laughs and says that's the right #.

i don`t see how it`s possible that they have "0" complaints,all you have to do is google gateway sucks and you have endless stories.

could someone try that fax# to see if it goes through.

Back
Top Bottom