Hahaha, drivers Ed!

You can get a Instructional Permit, basically allowing you to drive at the age of 15, however, you can't drive anyone except immediate family members, you have to have someone at least 21 years old in the car with you. To go from the license to the permit, at least here in Oregon. You need AT LEAST 55 hours of driving, or a parent/guardian to sign for you saying that you have enough hours.

Basically the permit allows you to get some experience driving. Drivers Ed is just a class you take outside of school so that you can learn how to drive better, plus, it lowers your insurance payments. It's a good thing to take if you want to keep that insurance bill low. ;)

Or they could just take the test at 17 and it should be a proper test like it should be!

17? You can't get your license unless you have had the permit. So no, they can't take the drivers license test.

Oh yeah. I agree. Actually I think it should be at 18. Just like Germany. They have the best roads in the world for a reason...:)

Jheeze... I live in SC and we do things differently. We get permit by completing written test (must be 15 yrs), then take drivers ed, then can get restricted license after passing driver's test (don't need an adult in the car, but cant drive at dark), and then get normal license at 17 without doing anything.

I have restricted. Goodbye, bus. I hate you.

I have an early birthday. I'm only a freshman but I've been 15. I took drivers ed privately. VERY boring. Class part is boring, then I just had 6 drive times, 1 hour each. And I'm done, got my permit just waiting to turn 16:)

~mr mixx~ said:
Oh nooo, he's going to get a licence soon..Some one call the Popo...j/k

Hey that's great man..congrat's on getting your licence when you go for it.i remember when i got mine & i felt like on top of the world when i got it.

I can remember the 1st time i got on to the freeway, it was a scary moment for me, but i can do without the roadrage.

Call the popo?! No man, just get off the road, and there wont be any problems :p

Back
Top Bottom