WD or Maxtor

Amd64

Baseband Member
i was looking at 300gb sata 7200 rpms...... and i can buy one for about 110-130.... my ? was.... what should i get? everone says that the wd out performs... but the maxtor runs cooler and quiter... whats better? there pretty much the same price depending where i go

Id try and read reviews of each product. But I think performance is key because Im sure it will be sooooo hot that it will burn up so performance seems good. Well, quiet is a diff story. I hate loud computers. But, hard drives with 7200rpm probably need to be louder because they are faster and stuff.

I used both Maxtor and WD. Honestly, can't really notice too much difference. WD seem to have faster drives than Maxtor.

Seagate owns all. Heck, Maxtor got bought out by Seagate, so it is now the LARGEST independent hard drive manufacturer in the market. The 7200.9 series is pretty nice...

Western Digital is fast (usually), but they run loud and hot. Maxtor is a bit slower, but can run quieter and doesn't heat up as much. Get the Maxtor. The performance difference isn't that much, but I'd rather go with a cooler and quieter hard drive than a loud and hot one.

Back
Top Bottom