email sending problem

wooonelly

Baseband Member
A person, Bob, here at work sent an email to a customer and they did not get it. Someone else, Calvin, sent an email to the same person and it went through. Bob sent an email to another person in the same domain and it also didn't go through. Any ideas as to why Bob's emails are the only ones not going through.

I think that the company Bob sent an email to somehow put Bob's specific email address on a Spam list.

Any ideas?

#1- Is Bob using Outlook, Outlook Express, or an Exchange server?
#2- What type of security software does Bob have? Norton, McAfee, etc.
#3- It sounds like an issue that is isolated to just Bob's computer. Does he get any error messages? Are the emails still in the out-box?
#4- While your last suggestion is possible, it doesn't make since to trust one email from a company and not trust another- IMO. So, it's highly unlikely. Post back with the email program, security, and OS, and we'll work on it.

pctechmike said:
#1- Is Bob using Outlook, Outlook Express, or an Exchange server?
#2- What type of security software does Bob have? Norton, McAfee, etc.
#3- It sounds like an issue that is isolated to just Bob's computer. Does he get any error messages? Are the emails still in the out-box?
#4- While your last suggestion is possible, it doesn't make since to trust one email from a company and not trust another- IMO. So, it's highly unlikely. Post back with the email program, security, and OS, and we'll work on it.

1.Outlook
2.McAfee
3.No error message, emails are in the sent box.

Bob's email is received by everybody else that he sent to, just not Calvin's company.

I agree that it doesn't make sense for only one email address to be blocked, I thought that maybe he got blocked because he sent 10 emails in a row (I don't know why) and maybe their server thought it was spam.

It's not an issue with Bob then, it's an issue with the company he sent it too. Just to be safe, I would make sure Calvins company adds Bob to the trusted senders list. He should be able to do this from the whole domain. Also, I know it's silly, but check the email address that Bob is sending it too, letter for letter. It may be mispelled, and going somewhere else! Other than that, we have to find out what's going on at Calvins company, same questions I asked you.

The last statement you made is a good one- you may have Calvins company check their spam list, or folder, his emails may be in there.

I talked to the other company and will find out tomorrow if the problem is over there. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the time and the help.

Back
Top Bottom