I need some anti-virus software

Excellent, thanks for the advice all!
Thing is... I have Norton Internet Security 2005. I love all of the features that come with it as far as that goes, but 2006 is way too boggled down. My AV subscription just went out so now I just wanna keep everything else but the AV part of Norton. Is this possible with Avast or AVG?

You will have no problems with Avast or AVG, as long as you get rid of just the Antivirus portion of Norton- which is not always easy to do. You can use all the other features of Noton you like. Myself, I can't stand Norton Antivirus, but I like a couple of programs from Symantec, such as Partition Magic, and Norton Ghost- two excellent programs! Uninstall the antivirus protion, and install Avast or AVG- you shouldn't have any problems. :D

I HATE AVG GRRRRRR LOL ok sorry and how can you hate norton? its so easy to use lolz o well btw my caps is not yelling its emphasis

How can I hate Norton Antivirus? (Because it's not just Norton all together) Well, let's see......
I was a Computer Tech for a national company, which provides all kinds of computer repair services to residential customers. Anyone that has been a tech knows that virus/adware/spyware keep technicians busy, and the do-it-yourselfers busy. I would have to say out of every 10 customers, 7 had Norton Antivirus, and 5 where usually infected by older trojans/worms/viruses. Sure, Norton would SOMETIMES detect them (not yelling, just emphasis), but couldn't remove them. WTF? This is why I can't stand the antivirus- because they charge $40+ for an antivirus app that doesn't do what it was designed to do- surprise- remove viruses. I even had it once myself- and I'm not even going to go there for the issues it gave me with the Internet Connection, Email, Outlook, etc, etc, etc. Sorry to ramble, but you asked ;)

I got it for free lol it came on my comp i never getg viruses i could turn off ym anti virus software and do a scan a week later and still not be infected

Back
Top Bottom