comp

ok my friend drew hsi comp after he types in his password on xp home he logons on and then it immediatly logged back off any suggestions? besides reinstalling xp, he has tried safe mode, idk what to do

Hmm, have you tried selecting on the safe mod menu "Try Last Configerations That Worked?". That may do things hopefully, as it'll go to a backed up registry XP keeps handy.

If this doesn't work, I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions except a re-install.

By any chance has he made any changes to the computer in terms of hardware?

Yeah, either hardware issues or there's something really screwy in the windows registry. If you can and want to, as I would, I would take out each part and see what the problem is, like taking out the hd and replace with a different one, etc. But that's just me. I would just format the hd and reinstall windows as Kage said too.

Kage said:
Hmm, have you tried selecting on the safe mod menu "Try Last Configerations That Worked?". That may do things hopefully, as it'll go to a backed up registry XP keeps handy.

If this doesn't work, I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions except a re-install.

By any chance has he made any changes to the computer in terms of hardware?

Yeah he tried that to lol but thanks

Not sure if you can do a system restore or not, that may help if you can do it!!!

Back
Top Bottom