Can you play WOW on dialup...

~K-Pow~

Daemon Poster
Hey all i was wondering if it's possible to play WOW on dialup, and if anybody new of any RPG games like WOW that could be played on dialup?????

I'm not overly sure. 56K i'd have to say if i had to take a good guess at it. Well do you know of any other games similar to WOW that can be played on dialup??

Starcraft and Starcraft: Brood War.

Depends on your definition of similar.

hiddjaio said:
I'm not overly sure. 56k i'd have to say if i had to take a good guess at it. Well do you know of any other games similar to WOW that can be played on dialup??

yeah I was guessing 56K too. But no games (exluding pacman and stuff like that) won't work well with a dial up. I once played rpg games with a 56k, it wasn't impossible, but it was quite hard because of the lag.

Yeha, kinda like the time when I played halo online and this one guy had a 16 person slot going with 56K. Oh man.... the lag was terrible... you'd be walking and 2 seconds later you'd be dead because some banshee had come up.

Well all i can do is give it a try and if it don't work put WOW on hold till i can get high speed. Maybe start playing PacMan :p

Will do i will have my dial up connected on Monday so i won't know till then.

Well it's funny you're willing to pay 15$ a month or the equivelant when it only costs 15$ a month for DSL.... LOL!

56k isn't even worth having REGULAR internet! My friend has it and he HATES it. Games will barely even play! :(

I can only say I know how you feel because there were the days when my family had AOL 4.0 Then we tried to cancel it for DSL and after like a week AOL finally gave up on us. :D Anyways, I would use 15$ a month firstly for DSL before you do anything else.

The chain goes like this:

Build computer.
Save money until you can get an OS.
Save money until you can get DSL.

Then you're good to go! :)

Back
Top Bottom