FEAR Demo

allenn812 said:
I would say doom 3 was scarier, but that game was totally ruined with the gameplay. FEAR wasent as good as a thought it was going to be, the AI was good, but its not like OMG like alot of people say. If you want a good FPS, get either HL2 or Far Cry. Both were better than FEAR in my opinion.

Yeah, FEAR was overhyped...boo. :(

Setishock said:
FYI
The DOOM movie is coming out on dvd in a few days.

Meh...I heard it was average...

Time to go and rent it...my DVD burner needs to get ready. :D

Personally.. Im happy with guild wars. Mainly cause my video card cant hanlde much more. Lol. But yeah.. HL2 is a good one, as with counter strike source :D

No, I love F.E.A.R. I've played the demo and love it. I don't play many first person shooters, though the ones I tend to play are the more popular ones (Half Life 2, Doom 3, F.E.A.R)

I didn't find it that scary, though at first, especially with the girl I did a bit.
I know Doom 3 has the ability to freak you out more though, but there both great games in their own right.

I love F.E.A.R for its gameplay system.

As said, I will try DOOM 3 for fun

EDIT: I just finished the demo....

I saw the two shadows, punched both... and to tell, as soonas I went out by the garage door, it said: FEAR, coming out Fall 2005

End of Demo...sheesh, not long for the filesize

alvino said:
FEAR is scary, but not as scary as Doom 3. id Software did a great job utilizing the lighting, shadows, surrounding noises etc to make a very scary gaming enviroment. Too bad the gameplay wasn't as great...the scary factor was just awesome.

Roger that!!

Quake 4 is really scary at times too! Like when the big giant robot Strog comes and tries to kill you!! :D :cool:

Forget all these games! Elder Scrolls Oblivion going to blow em all away! I CANT WAIT!
I also cant wait for Heroes of Might and Magic V, thats my favorite turn based games.

Yeha, I have to admit, the F.E.A.R. demo is pretty short... of course, play it on a 6800gt and darn.... the graphics are the some of the most advanced that I've ever seen.

allenn812 said:
Forget all these games! Elder Scrolls Oblivion going to blow em all away! I CANT WAIT!
I also cant wait for Heroes of Might and Magic V, thats my favorite turn based games.

HOMM 3 was one of the best games I've ever played.
But I didn't like HOMM 4 that much, it was ok, but nothing compared to HOMM 3.

I play FEAR on my 5200 on medium res and my best FPS is around 20 or so...low settings will give me 50FPS

Oh high, it won't run

Back
Top Bottom