2 monitors

99nasha

Fully Optimized
I got my VGA splitter today, and stuck another moniter to it.

Can my card use the function of a second screen? Because I cant make it happen

No, I'm afraid with a VGA splitter if I'm tihnking right, you'll only be able to get the same signal since its splitting it from the same source.

The only way I know of getting dual screen is if you have a VGA connector, and a DVI connector, and simply getting a DVI to VGA connector that comes with some video cards and connecting it up that way.

If thats what you expected to do, I'm sorry :(

Yeah...Not the box though. Like this
f3g006-01-1.jpg

I just found I have 3 plugs on the back of my card. Dunno what they are though

Aha! So your saying if I get a DVI splitter into VGA I can then use extended desktop? Because thats what I have on the back of my card

Yeah, so do I.

I have DVI (a white type port), a circle one which is a S-Video port for connecting TV, and a standard VGA port.

It probably would have been better if you went and got a DVI to VGA convertor, which would have been very cheap, since one of the 3 connectors you have will be DVI.

I'm not sure if what you have will work though...

Yep! Just get an adapter that goes from a DVI port and makes it VGA. That'll enable you to use Extended desktop, yes.

You'll never want to go back once you have it either :p

Just make sure the adapter is attached firmly to the DVI port as sometimes if not, it can jiggle about once the VGA conection is connected, making it not very good for the pins.

Got one from my computer shop! Works great now.

Watching the negotiator on my dell 19" flat screen :D Whilst typing this!

Back
Top Bottom