6800GS list

But the thing is with the Ati cards.. I can get them with alot faster clock speeds and more pixle pipelines. Its like the nVideas chipsets perform like an Amd, lmao. And Ati, with faster speeds, perform like the intels, lol.

Hmmmm lets compare the one i liked from ATI

GPU Radeon X800XL
Core clock 400MHz
PixelPipelines 16
Memory
Memory Clock 980MHz
Memory Size 256MB
Memory Interface 256-bit
Memory Type GDDR3

Choose the Evga cuase its the best brand for nvdia :D
GPU Geforce 6800GS
Core clock 425MHz
PixelPipelines 12
Memory
Memory Clock 1000MHz
Memory Size 256MB
Memory Interface 256-bit
Memory Type GDDR3

slightly hight clock speed almost no differance but 4 more pipelines which makes some differance
And the SM 3.0 its not a performance thing it more like a visual the details of a texture. I can put some images of comparison on the SM 2.0 and 3.0 on AOE 3 and Farcry if you want

both are good

Kickass Cooling sistem first time ive seen those stock
GPU Radeon X800XL
Core clock 400MHz
PixelPipelines 16
Memory
Memory Clock 980MHz
Memory Size 256MB
Memory Interface 256-bit
Memory Type GDDR3

hmmm the x1600
newer chipset and SM 3.0 capability
Model
Brand SAPPHIRE
Model 100146-BL
Chipset
GPU Radeon X1600XT
Core clock 590MHz<-- higher clocks
PixelPipelines 12 <----- less pipelines
Memory
Memory Clock 1380MHz<---much higher
Memory Size 256MB
Memory Interface 128-bit<--- 128 bit :( so wierd sucked that the x1600 series came in 128 bit interface when the X800 series has it and its older so weird didnt know why ati did that.
Memory Type GDDR3

there both really close its a hard decition

Yeah, id take the top one over the lower one. But the thing that gets me is the clock differences! Do you know how much thats going to effect the card? I dont know im just so confused! Even though im a guru.. just mind you that, i know much much less then anyone here, hahaha... But yeah.. Will the clockdifferences matter much? And with the top one, how much does that compar to the Evga 6800gs. Not benchmarks, and numbers. Just opinon. How well does it work, dirviers.. clockspeeds (good, bad for the card?) Pixlepiples, and how much they matter. Just an overall view to the two cards. (nVidea one, and ati one)

here is some images i hope this helps...
AOE2.gif

AOE.gif

Wait... isnt the shadermodel 3 supposed to be better? Because with those the seems to me that the shadermodel 2 is better :confused:

Maybe its just cause my card sucks. I have te x300. Its just.. blah.. Know what i mean, lol

the thing is if the x1600 has 256 bit inteface and its a newer chip i would go with that one for sure regardless of the 4 pipes but.... it doesent have 256 as you see your seeing comparisons of the SM 3.0 and 2.0 the clocks are like 300 havent done math to lazy :p but you can easy overlock the x800 cause of the cooling sistem you can overclock it well cause darn its a big fan and has the model like the aftermarket coolers and they cool well its a hard decition i am slightly leaning on the x800xl sleep on it and think on the one you like :p

Back
Top Bottom