creative Zen

burton_o61

Daemon Poster
For thoughs of you that know more about these:

What would be a good model for about 200-$250?

And ipod users will NOT change my mind

For 50 bucks more you can get the vision M that kicks the iPod video's ASS.
But you can get a 6 gig zen micro for about 200. Creatives ROCK!! they are very durable and easy to use. Id reccommend it over an ipod ANY day.

I have that. And let me tell you, IT ROCKS. The scroll pad may be hard to get used to because it is sensitive but you can change the sensitivity level. I have had my zen touch (20gig) drop soo much and it still plays. Sometimes, it would not play. But it only happend a day or two. Ive had mine for just about a year and is no problem. I am a little annoyed that they measure the free space in megabytes not gigabytes :( . Plus, the battery life on this DESTROYS any ipod that comes in its site. It lasts forever. Also, this is compatible with WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER. Which is by far better than itunes. Definately get the zen touch.

I've got an 8GB MicroPhoto Nice and small...and looks a lot better than an iPod IMO. Becuase I like living in a non-monochormatic faceplate world :)

I've got a Zen Vision M, and its great, though it picks up fingermarks/scratches on the front plate rather easily, and is why I've ordered myself a silicone skin for it with hard protection for screen.

The quality of the audio is amazing, though the battery life could be better, and ran from my real life tests, get around 13 hours 17 minutes. 42 minutes off there stated time using 192kbps instead of 128kbps and having volume at 13-16 rather than around 8.

This is the first Zen I've got, and have nothing bad to report except for the buggy software you use to copy tracks to it, that need sorting out ALOT!

Make sure when you get it, after recharging, plug it up to USB and do a firmware update from the creative site. You'll find a firmware that will fix alot of things most likely.

Kage said:
Make sure when you get it, after recharging, plug it up to USB and do a firmware update from the creative site. You'll find a firmware that will fix alot of things most likely.

Yeah definately update the firmware also make sure you have the latest management software as they ironed out a lot of the bugs from earlier versions, initially it was a pain to use it to store other files as well, but that seems to be alright now with the latest updates

When I first tried to connect my zen it used to shut down my computer, but it works fine now lol, freaked me out at first but was all sorted when the drivers were installed properly.

Back
Top Bottom