Graphics Problem

wackypaint

Solid State Member
Today as i was installing my floppy drive in my computer, i plugged it in, closed the case, turned on the cpu and learned that i have no video. The weird thing is my video was working fine 3 mins beforehand, i turned my computer off, plugged in the floppy drive and then no video. At first i thought it was power supply related but i tested my power supply in another computer and it worked fine. I have also reconnected the graphics card and memory sticks and still no video. Any ideas to what the problem could be?

Are you getting any beeps? Try removing the CMOS battery, to reset the CMOS, and then try to boot it up. I've never seen a floppy make a computer do that. Are you postitive everything is connected good?- double check. Didn't bump anything while inside? That is a strange issue you have going on. Hope resetting CMOS will take care of it- maybe it's one of those "wierd" things that happens from time to time.

Did you remember to plug in the power cable if you have a card that requires one? Can only think that the card is not seated right in its slot or you forgot about the monitor cable.

not getting any beeps when i turn the comp on. I cmosed it and had the same problem. I have a 9600 pro so it doesnt have a power outlet.

Are you sure? I happen to know that card (I have one, anyway, you card may be different) requires external power, in the form of a floppy power cable. You might want to make sure.

yes, i am sure that i dont have to connect a power cable to it. Ive had the comp for 2 years and i have never had to plug it in.

unplug the card and plug it back.it might just looses the grip and try to swap the slot of your memory,yet,its not a memory problem but it helps a lot.

Back
Top Bottom