Even distribution of Network Bandwidth

Nimandir

Baseband Member
Okay, I have noticed for some time that I haven't been getting the amount of bandwidth to my computer as I should. I have 4 computers hooked up to a Linksys router. My dad's computer is the main computer. After that, there is my computer, my bro's, and my mom's laptop. Now, anywhere else in the house, you get around 60-90KB/s, but on my dads, it's around 200-300KB/s. Has my dad altered some setting so he gets most of the bandwidth in the house?

I did a test yesterday on a file. I downloaded at about 80KB. On his computer, I downloaded the same file at around 330KB. Personally, I'd like to even out the bandwidth for all the computers in the house and not hog it all.

I seen a program that was supposed to be able to do this the other day. I'll have to find it again, but I'm pretty sure I can. Not sure how it works, how to setup, but if I find it again, I'll forward it to you.

The only other option I can think of is a Clark Connect (Linux-based) server/gateway, which allows you to control how much bandwidth goes where.

Back
Top Bottom