Just feel like braggin

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
I just conned a Webcam and a Microphone out of my mum and pop lmao It's great, The thing only cost 35 dollars and Its as if watching an avi or an mpg or something, Its great ^_^

Only problem is I bought it to use with my friends, but none of my friends have been on all day XD

congrats on the webcam....should be fun. i am lagging behind here, and just got a microphone finally. webcam is next for me too.......

I have a webcam, but don't yet have a microphone.

I might get a new webcam soon though with a microphone built in.

Its kewl though huh? :p

I have a LogiTech 3000 Pro. Ran about $40USD new. As for the pic, I would take the CreativeLabs little $25USD over it. The CL cam has better low light level sensitivity. Doesn't have a mic built in like the logitech but that's a minor problem. They do include a mic with a l-o-n-g cord.

Kewl :D

My webcam I have is a cheap one I got in a 2 for one deal I did with a mate. Its okay, but doesn't offer excellent quality but its okay for talking on the web.

It only allows for instance 640x480 viewing at 20 frames per second, compared to when at a smaller size, 30 frames per second, so could be better built. Plus, you tend to see alot of artifcacts on still images, like too much sharpness, etc.

So basically with a webcam, you get what you pay for really.

Not really. The cheaper of the two I have is the better one.
Now I have a suggestion. All you need to make the cam work is the usb drivers located on the install cd. Right click on the cd icon and select explore. Find the folder that has the usb drivers and load them. Don't load the other garbage on the cd. It's just junk.
Since you have the cam already loaded just uninstall it. EVERYTHING. Then just put the drivers on. When you get on to yahoo or msn the chat software will control the cam. I use mine on skype. Lurks says it looks great. And all I have is the drivers.
Also if you want to make movies or take stills try movie maker 2 or media encoder 9. Both are free from M$. Media encoder 9 has a lot of setting and adjustments you can make. Takes a little playing around to find what works.

I have Movie Maker 2. Thats quite a good program for simple editing, and is also excellent at compression too.

Though I'll look into Media Encoder 9. Thanks Seti :)

I have a logitech quickcam messenger and it has a built in mic but the pictiure quality is kinda bad but meh its good enough for me

Hmm, Have they got any Monitors with a Webcam built in yet - like the new Macs? I like everything neat and tidy. I've put my iBook on eBay and the auction starts the moro if anyones interested. I'll post a thread in sales and wants the moro night when it's alive....

mikee286 said:
I have a logitech quickcam messenger and it has a built in mic but the pictiure quality is kinda bad but meh its good enough for me

mine is the logitech quickcam IM, is that what you have? cuz my quality sucked too, just ajust the focus (by turning the circle on the front) and it should get better

(some people dont know that you can adjust that on a webcam)

Back
Top Bottom