gforce mx4000

Jamxx

Fully Optimized
You know, if you have another graphics card laying around, see if you can put one in where the MX4000 was. It could be a system related problem, although that's unlikely. Best thing I can think of right now to try, though! :)

EDIT: What in the world is going on? Why are my posts being put at the top of the thread? Why is CF convinced that it is February 1st?!?!?! :confused: :confused:

this forum is jacked...I go to the front page, and it shows the latest post...but when i go to the social lounge to read it..its not there...what is going on?

BTW i dont have another PCI graphics card, the oep is agp, and is about going out. So i really cant test that

I normally would edit instead of reposting but i want to see if this goes to the bottem..

anyways...just thought that i would mention, with the mx 4000 in the pci slot, then booting the pc, the computer recognizes the graphics card as a fx 5500...

Windows mellenium...
Installed drivers...
Installed direct X 9.0

Graphics look great

PROBLEM:

Everytime the graphics change the monitor goes black for a second.
Example: I open My Computer, While the icons load, right before one comes up, the screen goes blank.

THINGS IVE TRYED:

Latest card updates(which enables the pc to boot into safe mode ONLY)
Uninstalled and reinstalled.
Turned oem agp card off in the bios.

Help needed...thanks

burton_o6 said:
kool thanks everyone, ill try that

Do I sense just a smidgen of sarcasm in that statement? lol

I think the reason nobody's replied is simply because this is a brain scratching problem, I have absolutley no idea what's wrong.

lol...a lil sarcasm...Ya i dont know...Ive tryed updating 3 times. Everytime i do updates, it will only boot the computer in safemode. So i end up reformatting the computer everytime...

could it be that i have the exact minimum amount of ram required?

Back
Top Bottom