Daemon Poster
Sorry, im sure this doesnt belong here, but i wouldnt know were else to put it,

A simple question im sure but i dont understand it,

Im not sure what to call it but the site URL, or the domain? :confused:

How come say computer forums(CF) was this,

http://72.36.191.10/

And not www.computerforums.org
?
The only other time i can really remember a site being like that was if i remeber right, paradox or as he old account name m1nd.g4m3 or something,

And another site like that, that had numbers was a index of some type, to share music etc, is it something to do with FTPS(?) or something like that, i have not much clue what it is?

Feel free to move it to whatever forum is belongs :) Coz i sure wouldnt no lol...

Thanks yet AGAIN, for anyones help :)

Ok, You got that from my post now right?

On the ''other'' site. Well, its just an ISP refreshthing. Dont worry about that anymore. As far as I know its safe for just computerforums.org.

And just to let you know almost no one will know anything about this. Only a few peopls Ip's screwed up. Yours, and mine included.

um no, i got the url from seti actually, i was having(still em a bit) troubles, and seti helped out...

Some how i dont think you get what im asking here....hmmm

And my IPs just fine thanks, its not my IP that was doing it i dont think i think it was other problems, thats linked to that(the new server crossing over etc) from my comp, like my cookies etc anyways thats not the point of this thread right here and now...

Thanks anyways i know ya trying to help you kinda did so thank you for trying,

Maybe i should try and brake it down, the question does sound confuse'n.... =S gah :confused:

If anyone else can help explain what i asked in the first post that would be super, coz its anoying me .... i need to know why and so i can learn more about it, coz im actually wanting to make my own 'site' site' down the track when i get much more knowlegde...
:)

geek_gal said:
um no, i got the url from seti actually, i was having(still em a bit) troubles, and seti helped out...

Some how i dont think you get what im asking here....hmmm

And my IPs just fine thanks, its not my IP that was doing it i dont think i think it was other problems, thats linked to that(the new server crossing over etc) from my comp, like my cookies etc anyways thats not the point of this thread right here and now...

Thanks anyways i know ya trying to help you kinda did so thank you for trying,

Maybe i should try and brake it down, the question does sound confuse'n.... =S gah :confused:

If anyone else can help explain what i asked in the first post that would be super, coz its anoying me .... i need to know why and so i can learn more about it, coz im actually wanting to make my own 'site' site' down the track when i get much more knowlegde...
:)

Going to your original post, about the IP address showing for the computerforums.org site, it is a DNS (Domain Name System). The IP address you listed, is the IP address for computerforums.org forum home page. Everything on the Internet is based on IP addresses. It would be really hard for us to remember what IP address went to what site, wouldn't it? Someone had the great idea of DNS servers, which their only function is to translate www.computerforums.org, something we can remember, into the IP address of 72.36.191.10, something computers understand. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but when you go into a command prompt, and type in ping www.google.com, your get replys back from 64.233.187.104, which is Google's IP address for that domain. Hope this makes since :D If you're having problems getting to www addresses, but no problems getting to IP addresses, then your computer has a DNS issue, and we can troubleshoot that, if that is what is going on.

Sorry- back to the original post. You could be getting that because the DNS hasn't propogated through the network (Internet)- This happens when you change servers, and should resolve itself within 72 hours. The computerforums.org link probably has a forwarding to that IP, which is the new IP address for this site. Hope that makes since.

Back
Top Bottom