Ventrilo causes lag while playing games

Smithcobra95

Baseband Member
OK...I just built a new computer, and whenever I am playing video games while on ventrilo, it causes my game to lag. It only happens when people talk in ventrilo but if people are not talking its smooth. I thought it may be the sound card but it isnt because I bought a brand new one and it continues to lag. Anyone have any ideas about what may be causing this? :( PLZ HELP

i always lag when someone sends a msg to me in msn, i dont think u can do anything about it, what are your pc specs?

wow, if its not ur internet connection then i dont kno wut it is. u have nice specs for ur system, i see no reason for it to lag.

AMD 3800+
OCZ Gold 1GB Ram
Seagate 160 gb hd
ATI radeon 700x pro
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SB0232 Sound Card
ASrock 939 duel sata 2 MB

IF you run CPUZ it will show that when you run ventrillo even with a good computer is uses 20 percent of your CPU, thats why it lags.

ur lagginess has nothing to do with ur computer specs. its ur internet speed that needs attention.

abowlofrice said:
ur lagginess has nothing to do with ur computer specs. its ur internet speed that needs attention.

I have used 3 different computers on the same router and none have done this. Also i might add that even when im not playing online, such as LAN or if i just create a server to mess around on in source..vent will still lag the computer when people talk. Thx for the suggestion tho, i still really appreciate it

Actually vent is starting to get known for that. Lets just wait for a new update. Anything that connects to internet will lag yoour internet when playing games. ALso games somtimes have lag spikes.

Back
Top Bottom