Which firewall???????????

#Elmo#

Baseband Member
hi im just trying to get some info

Iam jus wonering what is a better

ZoneAlarms(free version) or Nortonantivirus

can i run both at the same time? or will this cause a problem??

also my mate has got a p2p worm virus(i think)we have both tryied and carnt seem 2 get rid or even find hes runnig Zonealarms(free version) spybots and adaware

cheers guys

ELMO

i would try both...i use avg, norton, macafee...but i only have norton enabled...i use the other two when i get a bug on my pc...i run them in sequence. norton, then macafee, then avg...when i find it i boot in safemode and get rid of the pos

Most worms, trojans, viruses and other items that infect your computer no matter what firewall you have. ZoneAlarm is a great firewall, very intensive at scanning incomming and outgoing communications. While this is good, it can also slow your Internet connection down. Since you're already infected, I would get a free virus scan at Trend Micro

A firewall is for keeping things out, or in- it won't necessarily stop a virus infection, for the most part because anything your downloading is typically from a "trusted" source, that your firewall is configured automatically to let everything through. You need a good antivirus program. I recommend Avast!

It's free, auto-updates, and has several different shields that protect you from things you download, and if even comes with a P2P shield- so you're protected there as well.
When it comes to firewalls, you shouldn't have any problem running two different ones at the same time, although it could cause conflicts.
Antivirus software- you don't want to run at the same time, because it will cause conflicts.

ok cheers guys will pass on this downloads to my mate and let him c which 1 he like

also i will try a few that u have advised

just tho that maybe coz i had 2 pay for norton it would be better but here

cheers

my bad

i installed norton and relised y i took it off i f**king hate it
it is the biggest pile of crap i ever seen how did i forget!

burton_o6 said:
i would try both...i use avg, norton, macafee...but i only have norton enabled...i use the other two when i get a bug on my pc...i run them in sequence. norton, then macafee, then avg...when i find it i boot in safemode and get rid of the pos

YES boot in safe mode

ok cheers will try that let u no if works

were would i get "antivir" from

cheers

Back
Top Bottom