Blank Screen

IDE1 - 1 means that the hard drive is there, so there is no problem.

My guess would be to UNINSTALL the RAID drivers from Device manager and try to boot normally afterwards

lhuser said:
IDE1 - 1 means that the hard drive is there, so there is no problem.

My guess would be to UNINSTALL the RAID drivers from Device manager and try to boot normally afterwards

thats not his problem though, his blank screen is.

Okay, I had a decent look in Device Manager and it says my RAID controllers arn't even installed.

So there goes that idea... I would post a pic, but don't know how to attatch them and I don't have a website where I can upload images.

Listen, I don't want to sound too hot headed about this, But the simple fact you are able to get into windows in safe mode means that having no raid drivers installed are not affecting your display. It's a Display problem.

As mentioned earlier, you may have a RAID controller, but it might not have any HDD's setup to use it. You can clearly access your bootable Hard Disc or Windows would simply appear to be non-existant.

Concentrate on the problem you had 1st. Get Windows running in normal mode. Safe mode prevents the installation of certian drivers - probably why you cannot install the RAID drivers the now anyway.

Don't know if this'll shed any light, but I went into the BIOS - PC Health and it said that the CPU fan was running, but the other two werent (power supply fan and something else.)

Toby said:
Don't know if this'll shed any light, but I went into the BIOS - PC Health and it said that the CPU fan was running, but the other two werent (power supply fan and something else.)

There just extra headers for extra fans. Most PSU's have there own self regulated fan and don't depend on the Bios/Motherboard. The other fan was probably a case fan. These are optional too. So they don't matter.

Seriously Toby, try out what I said before to the letter. You can't make it any worse.

Back
Top Bottom