My MASSIVE overclock! bwhahahaha!!!

I also just have to say, TreeHugger, your system is nothing short of uber. Just had to congradulate you on that, it's a fine machine :D.

HRHunteRHR said:
Oh it's a Prescot... :eek: Wow man 1337 Dude good luck with that one. And conrichi I'm not talking rubish, it's true. Your CPU (besides hot ass prescott) should stay under 65 celcius. Anything higher and your really killing the life span of the CPU.

What ever man.... Give me an example. I've never heard one, and I've never had a PC at stock speeds. And never heard of a CPU dying through ware and tare either.

Now if it were mechanical, such as a HDD, yeah. But the very fact it's running stable at these high temps shows it can cope with it. Even Intels specification says it can run these high without problems. Now, there hardly going to risk it failing within the 3 year warranty are they?

I push CPU's at these temps all the time, and I don't stop going higher until it gets unstable. What do you think the melting point of Silicon and Gold is?

Yes, you're right, they do. And, if they get too hot, they shut off completely.

I would back that off to at least 3.3 or 3.4. I've pushed my 3.0e to 4ghz and the temps were way to high, even at 3.6 and playing doom3/half life 2 pushed it too much. at 3.3 w/oc video card and good cooling, your system will fly. you can run it at 3.6, but don't expect it too last long. I would give you 6 months at that speed. unless you have the money to keep replacing your cpu.

people really over exagerate how long a cpu will last just because its overclocked, it will still last for years but having it at those temps isnt doing it any good, just get a new cooler and overclock away

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Are you serious.. Dude.. UNDER?!?! 65c?!. This is a prescott man. It idles at 67c. Maybe with his better-then-mine cooling, its like 63c. If hes lucky..

My Prescott idles at 37c. load is 45c.

It's just a matter of geting good cooling for it, I managed to get my prescott cooler than my friend's amd64.

MikeReiner said:
My Prescott idles at 37c. load is 45c.

It's just a matter of geting good cooling for it, I managed to get my prescott cooler than my friend's amd64.

Then why does everyone say on the forums its soooo hot?

Back
Top Bottom