Can you care too much?

Kage

Golden Master
Hey, this is a kind of pointless thread but it might be pretty fun to find out who does.

Who when they get a new thing, e.g electronic product take care of it so much (like put it in the protective casing all the time, becareful how they hold it, try not to put it anywhere risky, etc)
that they actually end up doing more damage to it than good?

I just want to know this because I tend to do it. I look after electronics so much and I'm so protective over damaging or scratching it, like the screen, etc that I end up damaging it more than if I probably acted normal with it...

I do that with certain things, and they end up not lasting as long as the stuff i treat like normal, so you would think i would learn by now, but it's hard to break old habits.

not sure...i probably am not like that...but then again...i dont buy EXTREMLY expensive electronics

Oh yeah, when I got my DS I was scared I'd scratch the screen, so I didn't play it very often and didn't let anybody elese either!

Don't really care now that the re-design has been announced.

meh, i dont really care if it gets scratched or not... if it still works, it doesnt bother me if its scratched... i tend to be really careless with expensive things... like the ipod which went swimming twice...

Interesting.

I find it with all the electronic products I get. Especially with my latest MP3 player which is the first one I've had with a screen at the front... I don't want to scratch that so at the moment its got athe protection ontop of it, but already because I've been slipping it in and out of the pouch it came with, after only having it for 4 days, its got minor very thin scratches you can see under light on the surface of the player itself...

As soon as I get the real case for it, I probably won't mind as much with it all, but I guess you have to learn to act normal with anything like electronics, etc.

Swimming?!! hehe! You can buy waterproof cases now for MP3 players, etc.

yep, swimming, changing song, and grabbing hold of a fishing rod at the same time = wet ipod... lol, i even waited till id bought the fish in before i tried to get the ipod back out... just put it ontop of the boiler for a few days, it dries out and is fine... ive done that twice, and it still works fine...

Honestly? So no water gets into the internal parts?... very weird...

I wouldn't make it a hobby of yours or anything :p

im not sure if it gets in or not, but its been drowned twice, and when its been dried out properley it works fine, ive done it with my mobile phone too, that still worked after i dried it...

lol, i seem to drop everything in the water when i go fishing...

Back
Top Bottom