My MASSIVE overclock! bwhahahaha!!!

HRHunteRHR said:
WOAH WOAH WOAH

STOP NOW!!!! You're going to fry that thing in 2 months or so!!! Lower it down to about 3.4GHz and check the temperature. Oh yea, before you overclock, check out some DDR 3200 ram and get a new video card so you can really be OCing and enjoying it!! :D Try to keep your temps under 65 degrees celcius while playing games!!

Don't talk rubbish, CPU's run right up till about 75 - 85 degrees or so before they get a bit wary. And none fry until well over 100 degrees.

Seriously, I've never said nothing before, but all you guys seem to touchy on the temps.

Oh, and the nature of CPU's, being a chip, it doesn't ware with time at these temps!

What use is 3200 RAM when he's obviously pushed the FSB above 800MHz (MEM 400MHz)? Get some 533MHz stuff in dual channel (or if it's DDR2, even better if you Mobo supports it) and run the thing like an Extreme Edition (1066MHz FSB).

If it were a 9xx Series and you did this, It basically would be, lol.

Good Going!

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Are you serious.. Dude.. UNDER?!?! 65c?!. This is a prescott man. It idles at 67c. Maybe with his better-then-mine cooling, its like 63c. If hes lucky..

Oh it's a Prescot... :eek: Wow man 1337 Dude good luck with that one. And conrichi I'm not talking rubish, it's true. Your CPU (besides hot ass prescott) should stay under 65 celcius. Anything higher and your really killing the life span of the CPU.

My AMD processor (3500+ Winchester) on full load gets to around 55 degrees C... pretty high for an AMD, but it seems to be working fine.

I may need to get more cooling... and better heatsink/fan, and I'm not overclocking!!!

As for that overclock, thats super! But I would lower it down a notch. Its not good to over throw safety temps as they usually are to preserve safety and making the product last longer.
They usually set those lower than the temp you can damage it though to warn you, and provide a safety barrier.

As people are saying, lower it to around 3.4

Well, I underclocked it just a few minutes ago, it started to get rather unstable, and from the most part, seem slower. So, I clocked it down to 3.36 GHz. And I must say, it actually performs faster! Because this is the first time in my computers entire life where it's loaded Staem before it's loaded VNC server! That never happens...

Also, the temperatures will be lower now that the clock rate is lower. Seems to be a rather successful overclock! :D Thanks for all the help and information guys! :)

Yuppers! All is well with my CPU. It's getting old, and I'm getting a new machine in the next few months anyways, this time I'm goign dual-core, see how well those X2s overclock! :D

But what about my Windows buttons? That's not the CD/Product Key. Aint nothign no one can do with some digits. Who cares either...it's Windows...

1337DuD3 said:
Well, today I was reading around, and noticed, Pentium Prescott processors can operate at rather higher temperatures. So, with me having bought $120 dollars worth of cooling devices, decided to make that CPU work!

My stock clock speed for the P4 is 2.8 GHz, but today, I said, "Screw it! I got ASUS Probe, it'll auto-shutdown the sucker at 75C, why not push the beast?" So, I did just that, with a 30% auto-overclock from the motherboard, and in no time flat I was pushing 3.64 GHz, and only having raised the idle temp a mere 3C, being at 58C idle. I haven't stress tested the sucker in BF2 yet, but in a half hour or so, that will all change. :D Here's a screen shot to show you guys my new overclock!

this guy

Nice overclock! I can almost get my Opty to overclock that much but it doesn't like it... I only got through one run of AquaMark3 :D. And I don't mean that it is that same clock speed, just the same difference.

And live it on the edge man! I'd say keep it up there! That processor is getting a tad old anyway! :D

Back
Top Bottom