My MASSIVE overclock! bwhahahaha!!!

Wow man, great work with a P4. Take a picture of the inderds of the case, would you? I want to take a look see at the cooling system.

Right now it's performing as if it were at 2.8 GHz!!! It doesn't go any higher in idle temps then it would if it were lowered. I raised the low-thresh hold for the CPU fan, so that it doesn't go anything below 1100 RPM, it was at 600 RPM default, but I gave it a boost to compensate for the higher clock and thus higher heat rates. But yes, all is well, I'm about to run a few BF2 games to see how it goes.

Oh snaps, we're gettign some hard winds, the power is flucuating! AHHHH!!! Don't have a poweroutage when I'm testing my CPU!!! That would suck...:(

In this picture you can see the CPU fan quite clear, as well as the 120mm fan right next to it, and the RAM heatsinks. This picture really gives you an idea of what this Spire CPU heatsink/fan can do! :D

Well, after playing a round of BF2, I checked what ASUS Probe had to say. It reported that the highest temperature it got to was 76C, close to my 80C thresh hold, and on the mark of what a site was saying a P4 should not go past, which is 75C. But I'm only 1C off so I think that's OK. If anything happens, it should automatically shutdown the PC, which is good!

So yes, I think I can leave it at 3.64 GHz. Does anyoen think I should lower the speed or do anything else to compensate for the heat? Also, can someone please try to find what the MAXIMUM temperature for a Pentium 4 Prescott CPU can run at? I read 75C, but then I heard from someone else that you should only worry at 80C - 90C. Don't know who to believe, but for now, I'm leaving it at 3.64 GHz, as the speed is awesome, and the heat isn't anythign unbearable, at least for the moment! :D

You want one of the AMD 144's. Be overclocked to FX-55 speeds easlily, Goes past 3 GHZ

1337DuD3 said:
Well, after playing a round of BF2, I checked what ASUS Probe had to say. It reported that the highest temperature it got to was 76C, close to my 80C thresh hold, and on the mark of what a site was saying a P4 should not go past, which is 75C. But I'm only 1C off so I think that's OK. If anything happens, it should automatically shutdown the PC, which is good!

So yes, I think I can leave it at 3.64 GHz. Does anyoen think I should lower the speed or do anything else to compensate for the heat? Also, can someone please try to find what the MAXIMUM temperature for a Pentium 4 Prescott CPU can run at? I read 75C, but then I heard from someone else that you should only worry at 80C - 90C. Don't know who to believe, but for now, I'm leaving it at 3.64 GHz, as the speed is awesome, and the heat isn't anythign unbearable, at least for the moment! :D

WOAH WOAH WOAH

STOP NOW!!!! You're going to fry that thing in 2 months or so!!! Lower it down to about 3.4GHz and check the temperature. Oh yea, before you overclock, check out some DDR 3200 ram and get a new video card so you can really be OCing and enjoying it!! :D Try to keep your temps under 65 degrees celcius while playing games!!

Are you serious.. Dude.. UNDER?!?! 65c?!. This is a prescott man. It idles at 67c. Maybe with his better-then-mine cooling, its like 63c. If hes lucky..

Back
Top Bottom