another view at life

1337DuD3 said:
I don't understand why people who believe in science over Christianity, or Catholic, or anything afficliated with Christ. Because it's been proven that the Bible is infact real. Research the finding of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Research just about anythign and you'll find it somewhere in the Bible. Which is why it's so amazing. Is because as time goes on, it seems that it was mentioned in the Bible! It even takes about science! Just do a simple Google search and you'll see. The Bible talks about so many things I can't understand how a person can't believe in Jesus, it's just weird to me.

I also don't get how people can believe in the Statanist religion, yet not believe in Jesus or God, because they both have to co-exsist for the other to work. Maybe n00bhater can give us his perspective on that religion?

Well, see. Thats the difference. I take it you were brought up in quite a religous school. Many Muslims would think the same way about Allah and the Koran. Also, there are a lot more things unexplained that what the Bible does explain.

Is some bibles for instance in Genisis, It talks about 'We' created the Earth in 7 days..... Why when the God is suposidly a singular entity.

If time had no begining, then every thing in the Universe would have already happen. We would not be alive because all the stars would have burned out. All nuclear fuel at some point would have already have been used. Now, if there is a begining of time, such as at the Big Bang, one must asks what God was up to before that. One must also asks, What does the God do with himself? Does he not get awful bored? If this is such a petty thing like a 'nano pet' game to him, is he actually that All Mighty?

Out of curiosity, can you quote a few things that the Bible has prophitsied? focus particularly to science.

[EDIT]

Commenting on the proof that the Bible is real, yeah. Course it is, I seen hundreads. Only kidding, I know what you getting at. There is also no doubt that a man named Jesus also existed. But, they have no proof that the miricles were ever done, they have no proof that he fed 5000 people with so little fish and bread e.t.c. This was only noted and recalled by a few of his 12 disciples. Surely if such feats had been done, it wouldn't have just been a few of his closest friends that ever recorded it. Why is it not mentioned if a few books? why just the bible? Why just his disciples?

Begs you to question the bible more, doesn't it?

Try thinking more 'out of the box' rather than thinking in it looking out.

I did also lookup google. I typed as my search "Proven Biblical Facts" and read through the 1st page. Now, For the ammount of quotes and 'facts' in the bible, why is this such a small collection? Also, It completely depends on how you intrepret the quote.

For example, the one about the earth was known not to be flat; The site says the bible said it was a circle. How does a circle equate to being a fully, 3 dimention globe? A simple look at the night sky 2000 years ago would tell you the moon was a circle, or the sun, so it's only right that some thinkers of the time thought the earth was a circle. A bit of a weak argument.

1337DuD3 said:
Sure. I'll give you some science related articles that use the Bible as an example. Here's a good one I thought. :) It relates to the Bible and the Earth's age.

http://www.gotquestions.org/earth-age.html

Also, here's one relating how God created everythign from nothing. It talks about atoms and the like. I foudn this one rather interesting. :)

http://www.gotquestions.org/creation-ex-nihilo.html

OK, I had a look. And by the way, I'm in the 2nd year of a Physics Degree so I know what I'm talking about.

Your 1st link. The very fact that it's trying to put the point accross that the Earth is only 6000 years old is not only absurb, but impossible. Tell me, what age are the Dinosaurs? I'll not go into that one anymore detailed, but if you want to debate the fact, go ahead, your ball.

2nd point. Now, I think here what this website is trying to do is turn a pure coinsidence ontop of its head. They are comparing what they on day to day life experience as the Fundamental laws of physics.

I quote "The “first law of science” states that matter (the stuff the universe is made of) cannot be created or destroyed."

Simply not true! The reason they stated this in their argument however, was so that you couldn't doubt their following conclusion...

"And so this idea that God created everything from nothing is not natural to us. It's not natural at all. It's supernatural."

A simple secondry school text book will tell you that no matter was present during the formation of the Big Bang. So that already cast doubt on the thinking that it was unnatural to us. It also claims that matter cannot be created nor destroyed. Now, tell me if I'm wrong, but isn't matter destroyed during a Nuclear reaction? to produce energy.

Einstine knew this almost a Century ago, E=MC^2.

Matter is also just the percieved affect that forces of pure energy have on each other. there is no 'real' mass there. If broken down, all that matter simply dissapers into energy. Weather that energy is 'absorbed' by other percieved masses (IE, such as in producing heat, atoms and molecules vibrating through the absorbtion of energy).

So, in order for your second point to win its argument, it lies about the universe and a big bang event from being natural to us. The very fact that the Big Bang theory was the result of independant scientific research and not biblical readings also proves the website to be dodgy as it compleatly ignores that theory exists.

Wait the sun takes matter and turns it into energy, so a Nuclear explosion is the equivalent of a small sun touching down!! :eek: Dang that's powerful!!! :eek:

If you think a nuclear explosion is powerful, check out antimatter. 100% effeciency! :D Doesn't get any better then that...

1337DuD3 said:
If you think a nuclear explosion is powerful, check out antimatter. 100% effeciency! :D Doesn't get any better then that...

Well, Anti-matter has only be man made in small ammounts. The US Airforce is experimenting with it though. I think the fussion nukes (Hydrogen Bombs) are big enough for them, they don't need no bigger. It's not that, it's hard to contain.

i hate religion. It causes to much hate in the world. I beleive that we evolved from apes. Because monkeys are the closest animals that compare to us.

I think everyone should believe what they will, but not at the expense of others. I don't care if you believe in Satan or God, it really doesn't matter. As long as you don't start bugging me, it's all good. :)

Back
Top Bottom