My MASSIVE overclock! bwhahahaha!!!

Well, today I was reading around, and noticed, Pentium Prescott processors can operate at rather higher temperatures. So, with me having bought $120 dollars worth of cooling devices, decided to make that CPU work!

My stock clock speed for the P4 is 2.8 GHz, but today, I said, "Screw it! I got ASUS Probe, it'll auto-shutdown the sucker at 75C, why not push the beast?" So, I did just that, with a 30% auto-overclock from the motherboard, and in no time flat I was pushing 3.64 GHz, and only having raised the idle temp a mere 3C, being at 58C idle. I haven't stress tested the sucker in BF2 yet, but in a half hour or so, that will all change. :D Here's a screen shot to show you guys my new overclock!

Well, as far as I can tell, anythign is better then nothing. Also, is that CPU coller OK? It made mention of it only hadnling P4 Prescott processor up until ~3.6 GHz. Am I OK leaving it at 3.64 or should I lower the clock speed a little?

If newegg said that that was the limit, I wouldn't go past that. If you want to go higher, get liquid cooling.

Yeah I think liquid cooling will be my next investment. :D I want to be able to OC the heck out of my processor. Noting like buying a $200 CPU and overclockign it to a $500 CPU. :D

Go for it!!! Burn the Fecker out! it's only a P4:p

Only kidding. Depends on the load temps. You looks at my BFO post then? just make sure the temps stick to around that.

Back
Top Bottom