Internet Connection Problems

The MVPlaya

Solid State Member
Some how my network connections got deleted, I called up my DSL support and they said I need to call microsoft so they will somehow reinstall the connections to my computer.

Does anyone personally know how I can shortcut this and I can get a fix installed to the computer?

I can't connect to the internet with that computer...outta no where. I think i caught a virus cuz it literally worked the night before.

While it is possible that a virus has infected your computer, there are a couple of things you could check first...
1. What does Device Manager say? Right-click My Computer>Hardware>Device Manager- does it have your network card listed?
2. Is the connection gone in Network Connections? Is this where you are saying it has been deleted from?

What kind of thing are you using to connect to the internet? Wirless card? Modem?

The MVPlaya said:
nothing is listed there...at device manager ...i think i caught a virus..

If it's not in Device Manager, it's more than likely disabled in BIOS. If you have a custom rig, hit Del when the computer is booting up- it should get to BIOS. Not sure at that point where the connection will be listed, you'll have to search for it. WARNING- don't change anything except enable the "onboard lan" as most BIOS manufactures call it. Save and exit- it should then show up in device manager.

Note: This only applies if you're using an on-board NIC. If you are using wireless, we'll have to take a different approach

Back
Top Bottom