Can computer be to cool?

u have a link where i can donwload that video..? i would like to see that

It wasn't a video, it was a few pictures and screenshots of a computer at a tech show. I don't know if I can dig it up again but i'll try.

- edit: hmm ok I found it. Turns out I am little wrong with what I said. They call it phase change cooling.

http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2669&p=2

There is another site somewhere that shows screenshots of CPU-Z and stuff but I can't seem to find it yet. I'll keep looking.

tomshardware has a video of an actual nitrogen pentium i think or maybe amd. pm trdcorolla for it.

ya go to video.google.com and type in liquid nitrogen computer.....they overlocked it to 5ghz 2 like -30 celcius or sumthing crazy....

It can get too cold, but I'm guessing the limit is maybe like -170C or something.
I've seen a pic of a processor working at -140C, done with liquid nitrogen ofcourse.

Um actually they've had processors hit -196. Poeple believe at absolute zero which I believe is -256 C processors would freeze up. And um this temp has never been recorded btw. So no you can'pt get TOO COLD. Its nearly impossible atm.

Nik00117 said:
Um actually they've had processors hit -196. Poeple believe at absolute zero which I believe is -256 C processors would freeze up. And um this temp has never been recorded btw. So no you can'pt get TOO COLD. Its nearly impossible atm.

absolute zero = -273.15 C
They have gone very near to that temp, very near. But not there yet.

Distortion88 said:
Wouldn't a temperature that low start cracking the CPU?

What temp are u referring to? -196? I gues not since it's been done :)

Oh and nik "Poeple believe at absolute zero which I believe is -256 C processors would freeze up." When the temp gets to absolute zero NOTHING moves. So I doubt that the cpu would be working either :D

mammikoura said:
What temp are u referring to? -196? I gues not since it's been done :)

Oh and nik "Poeple believe at absolute zero which I believe is -256 C processors would freeze up." When the temp gets to absolute zero NOTHING moves. So I doubt that the cpu would be working either :D

Yeah I meant the absolute zero temperature.

Back
Top Bottom