Help me choose a processor

Quinton McLeod said:

You should read that article I put up

i did read your article. But the long pipelines will be long gone with the Conroe. Intel's will soon act like AMDs. Conroe is under 20 pipelines just to tell you.

Whens this core coming out? If its next year I may as well get go with AMD and get the AM-2 socket.

ownage said:
i did read your article. But the long pipelines will be long gone with the Conroe. Intel's will soon act like AMDs. Conroe is under 20 pipelines just to tell you.

You are so obsessed with pipelines... The article doesn't point at the pipelines. It does mention them, but that is not the main topic.

It's talking about the bandwidth between the processor and the rest of the system. The FSB is the major bottleneck it was speaking of. While the processor depends on the FSB to communicate with itself, AMD uses it's very own integrated memory controller. Also considering that the integrated memory controller is full duplex and the FSB that Intel uses is not.

It also points at how the processor needs its clock speed raised just to compete against AMD's lower clocked processors. The reason why is because of the bottlenecks around Intel's processors.

So, in conclusion, the Conroe will not be the end of AMD. Also add the fact that AMD is not just standing still.

Hard to say yet...Intel may pull out something at the last moment, so don't be too quick to judge both sides just yet...

The new Montecito Itaniums equipped nicely with a whopping 18 MB of L2 cache are expected to be launched in the middle of this year. But I doubt they're the type of processor he's looking for. :)

TRDCorolla said:
The new Montecito Itaniums equipped nicely with a whopping 18 MB of L2 cache are expected to be launched in the middle of this year. But I doubt they're the type of processor he's looking for. :)

Of course that will come with a hefty price tag... but I think I have decided on the X2... and I am not going to wait for AM-2 because it will be so expensive when it comes out... and I needd a pc now. So thanks for the help!:cool:

AMD 64 X2 is the best one to get. Get it from ebuyer.com as there the cheepest for this one and get the middle one, the 2.2 Ghz one. Also get the DFI Lanparty Motherboard for it to go onto. Then get 2 PCI Express 16X cards and then get 4GB of DDR400 (1GB modules, thees 4 slots.) Sata Raid and then water cooling and then ur %99.99 of the way to wipping everyones ass on here :D

Novartic_ said:
AMD 64 X2 is the best one to get. Get it from ebuyer.com as there the cheepest for this one and get the middle one, the 2.2 Ghz one. Also get the DFI Lanparty Motherboard for it to go onto. Then get 2 PCI Express 16X cards and then get 4GB of DDR400 (1GB modules, thees 4 slots.) Sata Raid and then water cooling and then ur %99.99 of the way to wipping everyones ass on here :D

I am going with the 4400+... but if you look at this threadhttp://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=30993 it lists my parts for my new rig.

Back
Top Bottom