Final Parts List

EricM

Daemon Poster
I am sure everyone is sick of these threads by now, but I am finally ready to order everything, and I want to make sure everything is good or if anyone would change anything. Thanks for all the help. On with the specs:

CPU: AMD X2 4400+
MOBO: DFI Lanparty UT SLI-DR Expert ( I am aware this is not 16x SLI... but I think I am going to go with this one rather then the ASUS A8N32-DELUXE, because the dfi has a better board lay out and I would think the DFI is a
better overclocker, but its down to those 2, most likely the dfi)
RAM: OCZ EL Platinum 2x1GB DDR 400 CL2-3-2-5
GPU: eVGA e-GeForce 7800GT CO
HARD DRIVE: Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB SATA 2 7200 RPM 16 mb CACHE 8.9MS
PSU: ULTRA X2 Connect 550-Watt SLI link- http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1273350&sku=ULT31851
They have a model coming out with Active PFC soon, so I may wait for that...)
Sound Card: Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Xtrememusic
CASE: NZXT Lexa:p
DVD Writer: LG GSA-4167B
Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 930BF

And I hope to get the Logitech Z5500s but I may wait to get those... And when the prices come down I am going to add another 7800GT. So tell me what you think.

that comp owns, wouldnt change anything except i would get the DFI ultra D and mod it for SLI because its easy to do and cheaper and yes the DFI is a far better board then any asus board for overclocking

EricM said:
I am sure everyone is sick of these threads by now, but I am finally ready to order everything, and I want to make sure everything is good or if anyone would change anything. Thanks for all the help. On with the specs:

CPU: AMD X2 4400+
MOBO: DFI Lanparty UT SLI-DR Expert ( I am aware this is not 16x SLI... but I think I am going to go with this one rather then the ASUS A8N32-DELUXE, because the dfi has a better board lay out and I would think the DFI is a
better overclocker, but its down to those 2, most likely the dfi)
RAM: OCZ EL Platinum 2x1GB DDR 400 CL2-3-2-5
GPU: eVGA e-GeForce 7800GT CO
HARD DRIVE: Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB SATA 2 7200 RPM 16 mb CACHE 8.9MS
PSU: ULTRA X2 Connect 550-Watt SLI link- http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1273350&sku=ULT31851
They have a model coming out with Active PFC soon, so I may wait for that...)
Sound Card: Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Xtrememusic
CASE: NZXT Lexa:p
DVD Writer: LG GSA-4167B
Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 930BF

And I hope to get the Logitech Z5500s but I may wait to get those... And when the prices come down I am going to add another 7800GT. So tell me what you think.

I have that exact same board, and I love it! Also have the 2gb OCZ Platinum, and I'm liking it as well

Well with monitor... around 3000 CDN... without like 2500 CDN. How is the power supply?

Some of the posts in this thread got erased.. but... I am gonna go with Windows Xp pro for the OS. So I think I am almost ready to order!

I think it was because of the server being moved... If u didnt see the announcement last week...David said they were moving the server so some posts may not make it.

Mate, if you get ur CPU from Ebuyer its cheeper. also get the middrange one, the 2.2GHz with 1MB cashe, you can clock this one to a 2.7GHz easly. Also get the Westan Dig Raptor H/D as its got a 10,000rpm insted of 72,000rpm. its £100 for one but its worth it. only use this for the o/s h/d and then use the others as a raid for your data.

I would also recomend that DFI with the 2 PCI Express 16X card slots as this is worth it mate. Also water cooling is a go. (aloing with good air cooling) get a 700W PSU, i would.

Please tell me the out come of this board. Im still pondering on which one out of them all to get.

Acholy looking at that powersupply unit, get that one mate. It looks worth its money.

You are also correct about the Asus, its more unreliable then the DFI one.

Back
Top Bottom