59 Fps In Cs On A 6800 Gs!? Something Wrong!?

the default for cs is 72fps but it sounds like u have verticle sink on so just find it in the options and set it to disabled instead of application controlled

Yeah, In 1.6 You can't change it If I remember correctly. What FPS do you get in other games?

yeah. it's probably the vsync. right click on ur desktop and go to nvidia display. then go to performance and turn vsync off.

Ok, type this stuff in console on boot.

cl_cmdrate 66
cl_updaterate 66
rate 25000
cl_cmooth 0
cl_smoothtime 0
fps_max 100 (300 is overkill and could cause major screen tearing)
cl_showfps 2
net_graph 3

Then go to options, video, advanced, and check to see if HDR lighting is at full, on HDR maps it can make my x800GTO beg for mercy and cry with 40 to 50 fps.

Make sure none of the Anti Aliasing or Antiscoptic Filtering options are on. Make sure everything is set the way you would like it. If you have a 19" LCD like me then it could simply be because the only way to get a good picture is to have it at the max resolution, which KILLS fps. First, I'd run everything at the default (has a star next to it) with the exception of vsync. Since you enabled cl_showfps 2 and net_graph 3, you can actually see your fps while it's taking the stress test so early in the test you can make sure it isn't one of the settings. You should be able to run everything at the max, and get about at least 70 fps average. Although, that's what I get with AA and AF at the max, an your card is pretty much the same as mine so you should expect around 100 fps with everything on high. Also, if you're getting a steady, as in not moving past a number (besides 100), then open up your graphics card's GUI and make sure vsync isn't on there.

Anyways, good luck. Oh yea and when you are playing with net_graph 3 on, make sure you don't have any choke. This can be fixed by adjusting your rates.

Back
Top Bottom