AOE III Help

MooseMan1

Fully Optimized
hello fellow CF members, long time no see, i'b been busy. i have come 2 u for help. I got AGE III for x-mas and it wont install. i get some odd error and it can happen at any random file. what happens is that the cd drive light quits flashing and it basically sounds like it's not reading it and then the error comes up with the options about retry and ignore. neither option work and i've tried many things which include; cleaning the disks, restarting and deleting the registry keys, cleaning temp files, changing cd drives, installing over a network cd drive, change the compatibility mode of the setup file on the disk 2 windows ME and also tried 95. all that has gotten me no luck? is it still just the cd drive or is it my motherboard? for some reason the trial never installed right eather, same thing happened if i remember right.... :mad: i have tried to get it 2 work for several hours over the time i got it. i also tried just moving all the files over the network from a installed computer, still no luck. someone please tell me there is something i can do!! >,<

i have looked up some more information to find that all these problems are related 2 CRC errors. does anyone know how 2 resolve CRC errors?

gaming_freak said:
i have no idea all i recommend is reformatting and that should solve any software problem
well problem is a had reformatted and the first thing i tried as soon as i entered windows was installing it and i got that error

Back
Top Bottom