Partitioning

mjl_2007

Baseband Member
Hey, right now I have 2 partitions on my computer, but I want to change that and make it just one big one, how can I do that?

I'm not exactly sure... but you may have to reformat in order to do that.

I know you can delete the unnecessary partition, but I'm not exactly sure about the protocol on how to add that space back into an already established one.

Save everything you need on the partition to be deleted to the one that will not be.
Right click 'My Computer'
Go to 'Manage'
Click on the 'Disk Management' tab
Find the partition to be deleted
Right click it and hit 'Delete Partition'

From there I'm not sure. I know that the unallocated space will come up as just that but... I'm not sure how you would add that into ... what I'm guessing would be your C: drive.

Like a said... a reformat may be necessary.

ok, I got it all figured out and done. See what I did have was Windows and LInux on the same HDD. Now I added a second HDD and made my old hard drive one partition for windows, and the other Hard drive for linux. Everything is working great, accept I can't get windows to open from the linux boot menu. Only way it works is if I unplug the LInux hard drive. Any ideas would be appreciated, but in the mean time I'll have to try to figure out what the problem is.

when it boots it just boots off of the master hard drive i dunno how to change that other than use the bios but u dont wana do that every time, how did u make it one big partition?

Back
Top Bottom