ValueRAM VS XMS

Conspirate

In Runtime
I'm building a new computer with dual-core, using it for gaming... I'm going to need 2 gigs of RAM sooner or later, thought I might as well get it now.

2 gigs of Corsair ValueRAMis at outpost.com and fry's for 120.00, while newegg.com has 2 gigs ofCorsair XMS listed for 196. I am not particularly interested in overclocking, and I dont care about insane speed, as long as BF2 and other games dont hiccup as they do currently do now with one gig.

My qustion is this: what is the main difference between ValueRAM and XMS, or regular ram for that matter. I do know that the timings are different, but do timings actually make a difference? And if so, how much do they.

Finally, what do you see as a better deal for a softcore-gamer on a budget.

Thank you for your feedback.

well if you're not itnterested in overclocked the value ram should be fine but i wouldnt get anything from corsair, OCZ is much better

It's just for overclocking, really. Get the value ram. In the long run, the xms will probably last longer (usually) and will perform better, but if you're not benchmarking and overclocking you shouldn't see a big difference, if any at all.

Anyone know what the timing is on Corsair's ValueRAM? And would it make a significant difference?

gaming_freak said:
well if you're not itnterested in overclocked the value ram should be fine but i wouldnt get anything from corsair, OCZ is much better

yeah i would also definitely go with OCZ next time i happen to be buying some RAM.

Back
Top Bottom